Friday, November 9, 2012

Super Delicious Soup!

So I was really wanting use my homemade broth last night to make a soup! I didn't know what I was going to make since I was out of the usual soup veggies (carrots, celery, and onions). As I got to thinking I remembered that my broth had a very mushroomy flavor! I remember I had cabbage and zucchini. I could taste the flavors starting to build in my mouth. I was thinking how I needed a protein and great northern beans seemed to make since with the flavors that were going to be in there... add some eggless noodles... and VOILA! A soup was born! Here is how to make it....

You will need:

Veggie Broth (I used 32oz of broth and then added equal amounts of water)
1 Zucchini
1/2 A Cabbage
1 Can of Great Northern Beans (You should rinse the beens under cold water before adding when using canned) 
2 Cloves of Garlic
About 2 Large Cups of Eggless Noodles
About 1 tbs. of parsley
Salt and Pepper to taste


In a pot add your broth/water and heat until boiling. 

Chop zucchini into small chunks. Cut cabbage into shreds.


Add Zucchini to the boiling broth. Cook until zucchini begins to soften.


Peel and mince your 2 garlic cloves.


Add garlic to the soup. And stir.


Add the cabbage to the soup. Cook until cabbage is wilted.


Rinse and Add your Great Northern Beans! Add parsley.


I forgot to take a picture but next you need to add your noodles! Continue cooking to soup until the noodles are soft. Salt and pepper to taste!

Here is what the soup looks like! Honestly my mouth is watering as I write this! LOL I really like this soup! It is very filling and satisfying! Great for these chilly days!

Yummmmmmmm!
Enjoy!





1 comment: