Friday, July 29, 2016

Hello & Breakfast!

 Hello, it has been 3 years since my last post! After a lot of writing and deleting I have decided just to jump right in instead of writing a long blog explaining myself! lol! So here it is...



This morning was a good morning! I was woken up by my very happy 5 year old, who wanted some mommy time... and strawberry pancakes! We have never made strawberry pancakes but my girls have been very interested in them ever since a Daniel Tiger episode featured them! So I popped out of bed... just kidding... I very slowly and quietly maneuvered myself from in between my husband and 2 year old (who had crawled into my bed sometime in the wee hours of the morning)! We were then off to the kitchen! I decided on this particular morning that I was going to try a new very easy recipe for pancakes that are gluten free. (I am attempting to cut back gluten so this what a +!) I found the recipe here! I love watching her videos!


Here is how ours turned out!

Gluten-Free Pancakes

1 cup oats
1 cup non-dairy milk
1 banana
1 tbsp vanilla (optional)
Fruit (optional)

Blend out into a flour. Add non-dairy milk and banana (+ any additional ingredients of choice) and blend. Stir in frozen fruit at this point.
Pour batter onto heated pan, once the corners start to turn brown and the top bubbles, flip over and cook for another few minutes.

These were really easy to make in the blender! We added fresh strawberries to ours, which I do not recommend. Even though they were very tasty I found that the juice from the sliced strawberries made the pancakes to damp in spots and would cause them to break apart when flipping! I want to make these next time with sliced bananas and maybe some cinnamon. YUM! 

With our pancakes we had some delicious fresh organic orange juice that my daughter whipped up while i finished cooking the pancakes.




Is this not the most beautiful face you have ever seen? 
(I may be a bit bias!)

She loves LOVES helping!

I wondered if I was ever going to actually use this funnel, but I found the perfect use for it!

15 oranges filled up this whole container, but the girls wanted some straight away! There is nothing like fresh orange juice! 







No comments:

Post a Comment